charrua-core is an ISC-licensed DHCP library implementation in ocaml.
It provides basically two modules, a
Dhcp responsible for parsing and
constructing DHCP messages and a
Dhcp_server module used for constructing DHCP
charrua-unix is a Unix DHCP server based on charrua-core.
mirage is a Mirage DHCP unikernel server based on charrua-core.
You can browse the API for [charrua-core] at http://haesbaert.github.io/charrua-core/api
- Dhcp_server supports a stripped down ISC dhcpd.conf, so you can probably just use your old dhcpd.conf, it also supports manual configuration building in ocaml.
- Logic/sequencing is agnostic of IO and platform, so it can run on Unix as a process, as a Mirage unikernel or anything else.
- Dhcp_wire provides marshalling and unmarshalling utilities for DHCP, it is the base for Dhcp_server.
- All DHCP options are supported at the time of this writing.
- Code is purely applicative.
- It's in ocaml, so it's pretty cool.
charrua is a reference to the, now extinct, semi-nomadic people of
southern South America.
This project became one of the [Mirage Pioneer] (https://github.com/mirage/mirage-www/wiki/Pioneer-Projects) projects.