This library provides facilities to parse version numbers of the OCaml compiler, and enumerates the various official OCaml releases and configuration variants.
OCaml version numbers are of the form
major.minor.patch+extra, where the
extra fields are optional. This library offers the following
- Functions to parse and serialise OCaml compiler version numbers.
- Enumeration of official OCaml compiler version releases.
- Test compiler versions for a particular feature (e.g. the
- opam compiler switch enumeration.
Browse the API documentation for more details.
- Discussion: Post on https://discuss.ocaml.org/ with the
ocamltag under the Ecosystem category.
- Bugs: https://github.com/avsm/ocaml-version/issues
- Docs: http://docs.mirage.io/ocaml-version
Contributions are very welcome. Please see the overall TODO list below, or please get in touch with any particular comments you might have.
- Complete the architecture set from the officially supported compilers.
- Add more features to the opam variants list (such as
- Generate the core opam compiler package set purely from this library, so that it remains in sync with the library description.