charrua is an ISC-licensed DHCP library implementation in OCaml. It provides three packages:
- charrua-core: a library that handles wire traffic parsing and a server implementation
- charrua-client: a library for handling DHCP client state and messages
- charrua-client-lwt: a DHCP client library with timeouts and network read/write
- charrua-client-mirage: a MirageOS-compatible set of interfaces to charrua-client-lwt
- charrua-unix: a Unix DHCP server implementation
Charrua-core consists of two modules, a
Dhcp_wire responsible for parsing and
constructing DHCP messages and a
Dhcp_server module used for constructing DHCP
You can browse the API for charrua-core at http://mirage.github.io/charrua-core/api
mirage is a Mirage DHCP unikernel server based on charrua-core.
Dhcp_serversupports a stripped down ISC dhcpd.conf, so you can probably just use your old
dhcpd.conf, it also supports manual configuration building in OCaml.
- Logic/sequencing is agnostic of IO and platform, so it can run on Unix as a process, as a Mirage unikernel or anything else.
Dhcp_wireprovides marshalling and unmarshalling utilities for DHCP, it is the base for
- All DHCP options are supported at the time of this writing.
- Code is purely applicative.
- It's in OCaml, so it's pretty cool.
charrua is a reference to the, now extinct, semi-nomadic people of
southern South America.
charrua-client is a DHCP client powered by charrua-core.
The base library exposes a simple state machine in
for use in acquiring a DHCP lease.
charrua-client with a functor
using the provided modules for timing and networking logic,
for convenient use by a program which might wish to implement a full client.
charrua-client-mirage exposes an additional
Dhcp_client_mirage for direct use
with the MirageOS library operating system.
charrua-unix is an ISC-licensed Unix DHCP daemon based on charrua-dhcp.
- Supports a stripped down ISC dhcpd.conf. A configuration sample can be found here
- Priviledge dropping, the daemon doesn't run as root.
- Almost purely-functional code.
- Support for multiple interfaces/subnets.
charruad --help for options.
This project became one of the Mirage Pioneer projects.
Published: 07 Aug 2017
>= "3.0.0" & < "3.2.0"
>= "3.2.0" & < "3.6.0"
>= "1.0.0" & < "1.2.0"
Reverse Dependencies (1)